Dow,

I guess I interpreted that blog post a little differently. He, based on what I interpreted, is basically stating that the healthcare system (sickcare as he termed it) is broken no matter who foots the bill. He also was attempting to make a point that private entities (insurers, etc.) are in cahoots with the state. It is a similar concept to that of what took place with the bailouts. Privatize profits and publicize losses.

I'm attempting to see this health insurance reform thing constructively, full spectrum if you will. Us versus them (Dems vs. Repubs...where in the end they will both sell the American public out) perpetuate the status quo.

A couple of thoughts on the Congressman's words...

• Regarding Veteran's Health Benefits...nothing will change for a person under Veteran's Benefits. That means that they will continue to receive the same level of questionable care that they currently receive. No improvements. I must be missing something on this one.

• Regarding the illegal aliens. Sure, they are left out of the bill. In other words, now they don't have to pay any taxes like citizens do if they do not procure suitable coverage, yet they will still get, what amounts to care at no cost, through Emergency Rooms. Best of both worlds.

• Regarding his spiel about "evading taxation, etc". He's basically telling you that a new tax is on the way. Who do you think is going to enforce that? The IRS. IRS agents carry guns. Fabulous.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson