Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
J
Hi everyone!
Im new to the whole forum thing so i hope this is how its done!.. so I have had AS for years now never experienced this-
For the past few weeks my throat has been inflamed, red, not very painfull, i have had difficulty swallowing consistently since this started. On top of all that i seem to be throwing up without throwing up if that makes any sense. Its like no spasms or gagging is occurring it just comes up. Ive been put on antibiotics, given liquid steroids to keep the inflamation down, nothing has done the trick. I am waiting to hear back from my rheumatologist on the issue but im extremely curious if this could be related the the AS.. anyways i hope someone has an idea im all out

AS Czar
AS Czar
WELCOME, Jennyfaaa:

GERD and chronic erosive reflux are common in AS. The wrong antibiotic will have little chance of helping. This can be dangerous as we can aspirate stomach contents.

I had terrible and long-standing reflux that took over four months NSD plus the correct antibiotics to eliminate.

HEALTH,
John

J
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
J
Thank youu!!
I joined this to get information from other people who suffer as i do because my doctor is hesitant to give me a prognoses. I know with autoimmune diseases its difficult to project how things are going to go but i seem to have EVERYTHING that comes along with the disease and my symptoms got very severe very quickly. I ised to have flares that were bad but theyd subside, now its constant. Im in excruciating pain most of the time. Hips, back, shoulders you name it. Im stiff i dont sleep. I began remicade treatments in august that i get monthly and im currently on sub-q methotrexate injections. The doses seem to go up yet so does the pain..
I guess you could say im just a little fristrated at this point.. i feel like i need to HEAR that im not the only one even though i KNOW i am not..

Last edited by Jennyfaaa; 12/29/16 12:53 AM.
J
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
J
I was diagnosed ten years ago but she wont tell me where she sees this going. And i know theres no way to tell but i just need SOMETHING.

Hi Jennyfaaa,

Welcome to KA. I have RA but interestingly, well before my diagnosis, my symptoms began with severe GERD and evidence of damage and narrowing of my esophagus. I take rabeprazole daily and it settled down as I got my systemic inflammation under control. However, I had a nasty recurrence recently when my trigeminal nerve got inflamed causing me to vomit frequently. I'm still trying to get it back under control.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I had Pharyngitis one time when my PT worked a little too vigorously on my neck...soft tissue work...the muscle spasms were the reason...

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Hi Jennyfaaa - Welcome to KA, glad you found this great support group.

I have constant swallowing problems. A 'continual' lump in the throat, it is an osteophyte at C2/C3 with, a retrolisthesis. Even conscious of the problem when swallowing saliva. Can often make me choke on food, especially dry food. All a bit tedious. Plus recently, a squashed nerve on the left side of neck, at C1/C2/C3, constant painful tingling. Bah !

As for throwing up, can happen. Do get bouts of GERD - horrible. No, I don't take anything for it. Apple cider vinegar with the mother helps some.

As for pharangitis, inflammation in the throat. Only if caught some bally bug or other. Has happened, massive swallowing problems- no solid foods possible - and inflammation. Last time had to take antibiotics - to which am highly reactive. Sigh.

Stay clear of bugs as far as poss; wash hands frequently; use hand wipes in the supermarket (trolley handles); spray throat with Colloidal Silver. Been OK using this protocol for two bug seasons now. No, I do not vaccinate...

Hope this helps some-

Molly C - Keeping on, Keeping on

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
L
Lon Offline
L
Jenny- I seem to fit all of these posts, in the past or currently.
I have recently not5iced that I can not recline and snack while watching a game. Both sinus and reflux take over. So it is that we manage our situations.

Keep reading and trying to use the info to help you gain control of your health.
Happy new year!

J
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
J
Thank you for the feedback everyone!! So very appreciated!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Christichka), 87 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM